This traditional Thai treatment focuses on relieving muscular aches and pains using a hot herbal compress, in conjunction with traditional massage techniques which soothe and relax muscles, improve blood flow and circulation, and stimulate the vital organs and senses.
Herbal compress is essentially a collection of carefully selected medicinal herbs, tightly wrapped in muslin and heated. The compress releases medicinal properties and aromas to stimulate acupressure points, which can be helpful when there are areas that cannot be massaged directly due to tenderness or pain. Indeed, herbal compresses are often used in the treatment of chronic conditions, such as back pain, shoulder pain and tendinitis.
- 30 mins
- 60 mins
- 90 mins
- 120 mins
Herbal Compress treatment works best together in conjunction with Therapeutic Royal Thai Massage to provide benefits of heat treatment in a particular problem area combined with a reviving yet soothing general massage treatment.
Benefits of Therapeutic Royal Thai Massage with Herbal Compress
- Improved blood flow and circulation
- Relief from muscular aches, pains and tension
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Relief from a number of conditions including migraines, arthritis, bronchitis or chronic stress
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties, which are particularly helpful for healing minor skin complaints
Typical Thai herbal compress contents
- Zingiber Cassumnar (Plai)
- Cyrcuma Longa (Turmeric)
- Languas Galanga (Galangal)
- Cassia Alata Linn. (Golden Bush)
- Cymbopogon Nardus Rendle (Citronells Gras)
- Bauhinia Malabarica Roxb.
- Acacia Concinna (Willd.) DC.
- Niebuhria Siamensis Kurz
- Crinum Asiaticum Linn.
- Pandanus Odorus Ridl.
- Cinnamonum Camphora (Campor)
- Cryptolepis Buchanani Roem. & Schult